Certified Medical Assistant
Summary/Objective: Assist physician(s) with patient examination and treatment. Responsible for patient histories, routine lab procedures, collection, and preparation of specimens for transport to lab. Handle appropriate patient phone calls.
- Take patient histories, chief complaint, and update medication/allergy sheet in Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Assist the physician with documentation of the patient visit in the EMR. Proficiency in typing, sporadic 10-key.
- Assist physician in-office surgical procedures.
- Record/maintain laboratory data in patient charts. Notify patients with lab results when appropriate.
- Perform sterile dressing applications, suture removal, wound care, blood pressure, other appropriate procedures. Give certain medications, injections under physician supervision.
- Instruct patients regarding preparation for tests. Create lab forms in the EMR. Schedule appointments with other specialists.
- Promptly call back patient messages and prescription refills daily.
- Collect specimens and perform certain in-house lab tests.
- Monitor the quality of surgical and diagnostic equipment.
- Maintain general appearance and cleanliness of exam rooms.
- Prepare patients for examination.
- Prepare/replenish supplies. Maintain inventory and reports to office supervisor concerning needed supplies.
- Receive and organize the handling of medication samples.
- Dispose of contaminated, disposable items in appropriate biohazard containers.
- Complies with office policies pertaining to OSHA, CLIA and HIPAA Federal standards.
- Perform other tasks as requested by coordinator, practice manager or physician.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the patients we serve at Commonwealth Dermatology, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus or within 30 days of hire.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical office: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Required)
Work Location: One location