Join a Private Dermatology Practice in Richmond, Virginia
We are currently seeking a Board-Certified/Board-Eligible Dermatologist to join Commonwealth Dermatology in beautiful Richmond, VA. We are a well-established, high demand practice, not owned by a private equity firm, offering a lucrative compensation package. Our thriving practice ensures the ability to be busy immediately. We offer a complete spectrum of clinical services including general dermatology, pediatric dermatology, cosmetic and esthetic services. We allow flexibility in scheduling and provider time off for a great work-life balance.
Contact Karen Knicely, Administrator, at [email protected] or (804) 377-0213.
· As a privately-owned practice,
· Experienced management team in place to ensure efficiency
· Competitive base salary, production bonus, relocation assistance, CME reimbursement and generous benefits package
· Partnership opportunities available
· Family-oriented environment with two dedicated nursing support staff per provider
· Team consists of five board certified physicians, four nurse practitioners and a master esthetician
· Well-established and respected practice with 40 years of presence in Richmond
· Practice located in Henrico County within an upscale medical building, minutes away from major interstates and 10 minutes from downtown.
· Greater Richmond area has a population of 1.2 million, supported by several large hospitals, and is 2 hours from the beach and a short drive to the mountains.
· Richmond is located on the James River (home to the only class II-IV urban rapids in the USA) with numerous festivals, outdoor activities (biking and hiking trails, river sports, etc.), a thriving restaurant and microbrewery community as well as the state art museum, the Virginia Ballet, Virginia Opera and symphony and theaters.
· US World and News report ranked us in the Top 25 best places to live in the USA in 2017, National Geographic states we are a “place to travel for food experiences.”
Interested candidates should be Residency and/or Fellowship-trained in Dermatology
Physicians should be motivated with a positive team spirit
LPN / MA
Summary/Objective: Assist physician(s) with patient examination and treatment. Responsible for patient histories, routine lab procedures, collection and preparation of specimens for transport to lab. Handle appropriate patient phone calls.
• Take patient histories, chief complaint and update medication/allergy sheet in Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
• Assist the physician with documentation of the patient visit in the EMR. Proficiency in typing, sporadic 10-key.
• Assist physician in-office surgical procedures.
• Record/maintain laboratory data in patient charts. Notify patients with lab results when appropriate.
• Perform sterile dressing applications, suture removal, wound care, blood pressure, other appropriate procedures. • Give certain medications, injections under physician supervision.
• Instruct patients regarding preparation for tests. Create lab forms in the EMR. Schedule appointments with other specialists.
• Promptly call back patient messages and prescription refills daily.
• Collect specimens and perform certain in-house lab tests.
• Monitor the quality of surgical and diagnostic equipment.
• Maintain general appearance and cleanliness of exam rooms.
• Prepare/drape patients for examination.
• Prepare/replenish supplies. Maintain inventory and reports to office supervisor concerning needed supplies.
• Receive and organize the handling of medication samples.
• Dispose of contaminated, disposable items in appropriate biohazard containers.
• Complies with office policies pertaining to OSHA, CLIA and HIPAA Federal standards.
• Perform other tasks as requested by coordinator, practice manager or physician.
Job Type: Full-time
Qualified and interested candidates should email Shannon Rose, RN Manager: [email protected]
Patient Service Representative
Commonwealth Dermatology is currently seeking an experienced Patient Service Representative to join our team. We are a well-established private practice offering a complete spectrum of clinical services including general dermatology, pediatric dermatology, cosmetic and aesthetic services.
Ideal candidate performs the following in an accurate, timely manager: answers incoming calls quickly and professionally, manages assigned providers schedule; fills in where needed for extra coverage. Demonstrates effective customer service skills and professional manner. Adheres to practice mission and values and applicable regulations. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to effective customer service, the practice’s mission and values, in a professional manner.
- Obtains pertinent information in order to build patients chart or update previous information.
- Gathers all demographic and insurance information and input accurately into eClinical Works.
- Driver’s license
- All insurance cards
- Collect all monies- deductibles, coinsurance, copays, outstanding balances
- Insurance verification- all plans
- Checking patients in and/or out
- Scheduling patients’ appointments-new or returning
- Answers and/or assist with incoming phone calls
- Checking cancellation line and/or appointment line voicemail
- Monitors assigned providers schedule daily to ensure all available spots are filled.
- Adjust assigned providers schedule and reschedules patients when needed.
- Follows appropriate procedures for processing all messages external or internal.
- Balancing daily all monies collected.
- Functions as an effective team member.
- Performs other duties as needed and/or requested.
- Qualified applicants:
- Work independently as well as team.
- 2 years of medical office experience a plus, Monday-Friday 40 hours per week.
Job Type: Full-time
Qualified, interested candidates should email Latrice Perry, [email protected]